نمایه کاربر
garfield

عضویت : چهارشنبه ۱۳۸۷/۲/۱۱ - ۱۰:۲۲

پست: 1730

سپاس: 54

جنسیت:

EDGE vs GPRS

پست توسط garfield »

Just like me You may be one of those peoples that have been amazed to see the letter E (instead of G) for your GPRS on your mobile screen.
Yes we have EDGE in Iran and if your phone support it, you can use it. its very faster than GPRS. here is a article about it I've found. I hope it would be helpful for you as it was for me:

EDGE is a wireless network technology generally considered the next step in the 2G network. The name is an acronym that stands for Enhanced Data GSM Environment. Enhanced Data Rates for GSM Evolution is an alternative name that is also used. As both names suggest, EDGE is an improvement on the GSM wireless technology, which is second generation, or 2G, cell phone technology. Since EDGE is an improvement on existing technology and not necessarily a third generation, it is often referred to as 2.75G.

EDGE is used for the purpose of wireless data transfer, such as sharing pictures and videos or browsing the Internet via a mobile phone connection. This is because the technology offers data transfer rates up to four times faster than ordinary GSM networks. As phones with Internet browser capabilities, such as the Blackberry® and the iPhone®, have become more popular, faster data transfer has become ever more important.

Because EDGE is an upgrade of GSM, it is easy for wireless carriers to upgrade their networks to offer it. The increase in data speed is achieved via more sophisticated coding, not by equipment, so new hardware is not usually necessary. Instead, a software upgrade enables the wireless carrier’s base stations to support data transfer speeds up to 384 kilobits per second (kbps).

EDGE first became available in the early 2000s. In 2003, Cingular began offering it as an upgrade to their GSM network. The wireless company also offered a mobile wireless Internet service for laptop users, which used a PCMCIA card to tap into the network. WiFi was therefore available to laptop users from almost anywhere that offered a strong cell phone signal.

Eventually EDGE became the standard, replacing less efficient wireless technology such as GPRS. Now virtually every cell phone company offers this technology. Likewise, EDGE will eventually be replaced by 3G technology such as WCDMA, which stands for Wideband Code-Division Multiple Access. As opposed to the EDGE technology’s data transfer speeds of up to 384 kbps, WCDMA offers speeds as fast as 2 megabits per second (mbps).

نمایه کاربر
Sinasuperman

محل اقامت: تهران

عضویت : دوشنبه ۱۳۸۹/۱/۳۰ - ۱۷:۱۴

پست: 664

سپاس: 23

تماس:

Re: EDGE vs GPRS

پست توسط Sinasuperman »

thanks and lots of thanks to you garfield. actually i use such a thing in my phone but i don't know if its the same as you said
i hope good things to you
Sina
. معما را در اینجا اینجابیابید..
. دیدن این رو از دست ندید.
تو به مردم ایده حرکت به آینده رو خواهی داد، آنها در پشت تو برخواهند خواست، خواهند لغزید و خواهند افتاد و در آخر درخورشید به تو خواهند پیوست؛در آخر تو به اونها کمک خواهی کرد به شگفتی ها دست پیدا کنند...

تصویر

نمایه کاربر
garfield

عضویت : چهارشنبه ۱۳۸۷/۲/۱۱ - ۱۰:۲۲

پست: 1730

سپاس: 54

جنسیت:

پست توسط garfield »

Ofcourse it is! in some areas of tehran we are using EDGE instead of GPRS.
if you see a G beside your antenna sign it is GPRS but if you see an E it is EDGE and so its connection speed is much better then.
smile072

نمایه کاربر
amant de transition

عضویت : یک‌شنبه ۱۳۸۹/۸/۹ - ۱۹:۰۷

پست: 106

سپاس: 1

پست توسط amant de transition »

thank u 4 the comprehensive and elegant information about EDGE technology
i just got alot 4 a while
waiting 4 ur new informations smile072
آنان که فانوسشان را
بر پشت می برند
سایه هایشان پیش پایشان می افتد.....!

نمایه کاربر
me-alone

محل اقامت: Winnipeg

عضویت : دوشنبه ۱۳۸۹/۶/۲۹ - ۱۴:۳۲

پست: 364

سپاس: 76

پست توسط me-alone »

may i ask a question???
are you just joshing each otther or no u are close friend so that u talk so kind to each other!!
like u know in persian we say (giving water mellons) haaaaa??
well any way thankx as others say!!!

p.s.
im not a josher
not this time
من زنم و به همان اندازه از هوا سهم میبرم
که ریه های تو!
درد آور است که من آزاد نباشم تا تو به گناه نیفتی!
قوس های بدنم بیشتر از افکارم به چشمهایت ما آیند!
تاسف بار است که باید
لباس هایم را به میزان ایمان تو تنظیم کنم!

سیمین دانشور

ارسال پست